Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best platform for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our CEO, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Do you want to join the core Engineering team and help create an outstanding project? You’ll get to join our team in Summer 2020 and not only work on production code, but help build out a project to deploy in our environment by the end of summer!
Joining this team as an intern will allow you to learn how our organization runs. You can also expect to gain valuable insight that can further their interest in your chosen career field. In addition to your project duties, you will have the opportunity to meet managers, executives, and C-suite members of the team. We are looking for an intern who exhibits the following:
- Considers themselves to be energetic
- Open to performing additional duties as assigned by the team
- Opportunity to explore and update production code
- Enthusiastic about building out a project to deploy at end of summer!
- You have a high school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Overall GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Eagerness to learn and listen carefully
- Interest in topics like algorithms and distributed systems concepts such as rpcs, sharding, consensus-based replication and caching
- Likes learning about languages such as Java and C/C++
- Enjoys finding out more about Linux/UNIX commands
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and seek head-scratching challenges
- Past internship experience in a fast-paced software team
- Graduation date from December 2020 forward
- Full time (approx. 40 hours per week), ten-week summer assignment, Summer 2020.
- Free lunch
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
April 30, 2020
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position