Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our founder, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
As one of the first product managers at Scalyr, you will work closely with customers and the Scalyr executive team to take Scalyr’s game changing product to the next level. With over 250 customers, both large and small, you will be able to spend a lot of time with them and geek out on the dramatic transformations their digital operations are going through. You will bring those insights back to our world class engineering team to craft innovative solutions and help drive the product roadmap. This role is highly cross-functional and requires strong partnership with our engineering, marketing, sales, and support teams.
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum two years of product management experience in B2B SaaS offers related to devops, IT/Cloud Infrastructure or Operations.
- Experience in agile and fast-paced, continuous product management.
- Proven ability to translate customer challenges into crisp product requirements and user stories
- Strong writing, listening and speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with sales, marketing, support and customer experience teams
- Ability to make challenging priority calls for product roadmap
- A history of being a team player with a desire to jump and take ownership
- Data-driven and metrics oriented
Nice to have requirements:
- Startup experience
- Practical experience using or managing metrics or APM products
- Experience building and managing partner ecosystems
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position