Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to provide a different approach to unified observability and log management that is built for modern application development and deployment practices. Founded by Steve Newman, who is also the Writely (aka Google Docs) founder and lead engineer, and led by tech industry veteran and CEO Christine Heckart, Scalyr offers an integrated and extensible suite of monitoring, management, visualization and analysis tools that aggregate and search all the signals needed for real-time observability, including logs, metrics and traces. We are the only observability and log management provider that does not index data and scales horizontally, is blazing fast and is ultra-affordable. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Scalyr is looking for a summer intern to join the cloud tech team in 2020! If you are a passionate CS student or someone who likes to hack with computers and programming languages and are looking for a rewarding internship experience working with smart engineers like yourself, Scalyr would be an amazing place to work, especially the Cloud Tech team. The Cloud Tech team at Scalyr is responsible for ingestion of all customer logs and metrics into the Scalyr platform. Not only is our Python based agent open source, so are our integrations. We value learning and collaboration and we have a few things to teach about writing elegant, performant, maintainable and debuggable code! You will get the added benefit of people consuming your code in production and there is a good chance you will get feedback from customers about your work! Also, if your code is added to open source repos, you can show off your work to others! If the prospects of all this excites you, please do apply!
- Junior/Senior year student majoring in Computer Science or related fields.
- Can code in at least one programming language that supports object oriented programming style (Bonus points if you have functional programming experience)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, understanding of time/space complexities (Big Oh notation)
- Know to use at least one source control system like Git, Mercurial, SVN (Bonus points for a github profile with code to share)
- Analytical mindset, dig deep into details and are generally curious about new things
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Kubernetes and exposure to cloud native services from AWS, GCP or Azure is desired
Apart from the above technical skills, following soft skills are desired:
- Ability to work in a diverse and distributed team is highly desired
- A self-starter that is passionate and motivated by learning and exploring
- Willingness to accept feedback and generally using it as an improvement tool (we will hold ourselves to providing objective feedback and also receiving feedback)
- Full time (approx. 40 hours per week), ten-week summer assignment, anticipated dates June 15 through August 31, 2020.
- Free lunch
- Easygoing, considerate and fun office environment
April 30, 2020
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position