Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our founder, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Join the Scalyr Cloud Tech team, responsible for the many terabytes of customer observability data flowing into Scalyr daily. This includes our agent that runs on customer infrastructure, plugins or open source systems, integrations with Cloud platforms, and yet-to-be-built highly-available services and APIs.
This is an amazing opportunity for engineers who love building on the latest Cloud technologies, like Kubernetes, Kinesis, Serverless, and more. Our customers are building their services on the latest and greatest, so we must as well!
- Understanding of software engineering design principles
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Understanding of client/server architectures
- Interest in learning Cloud technologies
- Multi-threaded programming
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Linux system administration
- Network programming
- Full time (approx. 40 hours per week), ten-week summer assignment, anticipated dates June 15 through August 31, 2020.
- Free lunch
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
April 30, 2020
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position