Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to provide a different approach to unified observability and log management that is built for modern application development and deployment practices. Founded by Steve Newman, who is also the Writely (aka Google Docs) founder and lead engineer, and led by tech industry veteran and CEO Christine Heckart, Scalyr offers an integrated and extensible suite of monitoring, management, visualization and analysis tools that aggregate and search all the signals needed for real-time observability, including logs, metrics and traces. We are the only observability and log management provider that does not index data and scales horizontally, is blazing fast and is ultra-affordable. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Making an impact is the name of the game. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers. We bring best practices out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to make Scalyr better.
As a Solutions Architect, you will fuel solutions to ensure our solution makes the deepest impact possible across an organization. You'll solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. This is your opportunity to be one of the early core members of our solution’s architect team.
We're looking for someone to join our team:
- A chance to share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Scalyr.
- Work side by side with our customers to resolve their unique problems. (travel may be required)
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- You will work with a team of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from the Technical Account Managers, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
Do you find yourself passionate about being at the center of the implementing a product? Do you also care to work with other departments on developing that product for high-end customers? If you like adding invaluable feedback to the team then this is the phenomenal team for you to join. Because in addition to helping improve the app, you'll be deeply involved in helping add to customer feedback discussions, conferring over new additions as we build out the technology, and extend our name to different regions around the world. We are looking for these qualities in an individual who is:
- Smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role
- Has a lot of experience, but you also like to learn new things
- Enjoys working with smart people and have fun building something phenomenal
More specifically, you should have:
- 2+ years of DevOps, SRE or similar operational experience
- 3-5 years of current experience in technical consulting
- Experience supporting distributed applications across multiple technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Serverless, Linux, Kubernetes, and containerization
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases, analytical tools and modern application deployment models (serverless, K8s, etc)
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from DevOps to executive level partners.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of DevOps and Engineering).
- You fill Gaps (customer knowledge, product extensions, ecosystem integrations)
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.