Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our founder, Steve Newman, co-founded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
As one of the first official UX designers at Scalyr, you will work closely with the founder, Steve Newman, and our product team to gather customer inputs and design new user interfaces to take Scalyr’s already game-changing product to the next level. With over 300 customers, both large and small, you will be able to take their inputs and build exciting new UI with excellent response times.
- You will be responsible for defining/documenting user personas, conducting user research, and communicating user experience design storyboards, wireframes, UI specifications to the product and engineering teams.
- .You will be building interactive UX prototypes to test and validate designs, and iterating on your designs in response to peer and user feedback.
- You will be building designs that give Scalyr the usability edge that creates sticky customers,
This is your opportunity to join a fun team to build out the next generation UX at Scalyr.
- Minimum 6+ years experience as part of a UX team.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in a product focused role.
- Proven ability to translate customer challenges and/or user stories into crisp UX flows and designs.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in using design software(UXPin, Balsamiq etc)
- Knowledge of HTML/ CSS
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make challenging priority calls for UX
- Experience in agile and fast-paced continuous product management and / or design thinking
- A history of being a team player with a desire to jump in and take ownership
- Data-driven and metrics oriented
- BS Degree
Nice to have requirements:
- Startup experience
- Strong portfolio of user-friendly UX designs
- Experience working with observability or analytics UI, or developer tools
- Degree in Design, Computer Science with HCI or related disciplines.
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position